Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DC2CERUMA - Day 7 Supplemental

As I sit here at MCO, Orlando International airport, I have a few hours, like 2.5 hours of sleep under my belt...YEAH!! This past week has been a great week overall excluding the debacle with Delta airlines. I spent one night having a great time singing along with Bob Jackson at Port Orleans Riverside and six other days in theme parks. I'm not sure how many miles I have walked, but I know that it's A LOT! The one factor that made this different than any other trip I've had to Disney World were the old friends and new friends that I met along the way. Running into Pam and Sean at Bob Jackson was a blast! meeting up with fellow podcasters and other people who somehow report on Disney to just those who enjoy Disney in the parks was the coolest especially since this part of the trip was not for a meet up where people are there for the purpose of having fun in the parks together.

I would like to give out a special thanks to The Legend, excuse me, the Award Winning The Legend from the In the Loop podcast for using one of his days off to hang with and take me around the Universal Orlando Resort parks. Having a personal tour guide who knew the ins and outs was a blast! On this trip I did my first ever suspended, excuse me, inverted roller coaster. I can't wait to get to Magic Mountain where hopefully Ninja will be running and I can experience my first suspended coaster. Just in the one day with The Legend, my coaster count we up by six!

When heading out to the parks for me, because I live so far way and it takes a lot of effort to get to them, I treat the experience very much like an endurance event. I get the underarmour and baby power, lots of baby powder, baby Powder everywhere! But the heat, sweat and standing around in lines takes its toll on the body. The underarmour helps a lot from prior knowledge, but maybe I should try runner's glide the next time around. This would definitely be the low point of the weekend.

The Awesome Job cards aren't going as well as I hoped. I gave out two with a third person that I couldn't let them know what I'm doing but will for sure write that letter. As a summary, it was the lady who would like to remain unnamed who works for Delta who helped me to try to locate my lost luggage. I even got the follow up call at my hotel, Pop Century to let me know that it was found! The second was Carlita who volunteered to drop my gifts for a Walt Disney World College Program trailermate into the interoffice mail since he had changed work locations. The third was Ricky who helped set me up on the Kim Possbile adventure in Germany instead of doing the Norway adventure. There were some days when the interactions were pleasant but didn't provide an opportunity for them to shine and then there were the ones that could have used the moment to shine but didn't.

Looking forward to seeing all my DPN and Skurvy Monkey friends at DPN Westfest. It will be fun to get together with people I haven't seen in a year and those that I've had a lot of communication but haven't met in person. My fingers pointing right at you Samby Monkey, Proud Monkey (no relation to Samby Monkey) and Design. This coming week is going to be a blast with several hundred people getting together to enjoy the Disneyland Resort. An extra special treat will be spending time in Disneyland itself when Bat Day is happening. I think I might stop some of them and see if they'll take pictures together. At last year's DPN Westfest I got talking very briefly to a "bat person" and she was very nice, didn't seem emo and I think would have been happy to pose for a picture.

I'm going to cut at this point as they are getting ready for boarding and I don't want to be a cause for a delay!

0 comments: